Backtrack Boys educational resources will enrich viewing by students and they include case studies and activities that cultivate empathy and personal growth in students.
Our Curriculum mapped Study Guide for years 9–12 can be downloaded via The Education Shop
We are also excited to announce that a Backtrack Boys learning resource will also be featured on SBS Learn.
You can purchase a steaming licence or DVD here and Kanopy and Beama are alternative ways your school or workplace can get the film.
There are also many ways to use the film for tertiary students and professional development – you may be interested in our recorded webinars with Bernie and Zac which give a deeper understanding.
Thank you to Collier Charitable Foundation, James Kirby Foundation and Jack Brockhoff Foundation for their support of the Backtrack Boys education program.
Create an Education Screening for your school and workplace
Backtrack Boys study guide and resources are relevant to both students, teachers and anyone that works with young people.
- Get the film and, purchase a screening licence* from The Education Shop / Kanopy / Beama
- Download the study guide
- Register here for the film clips to go with the guide
- Get more free screening resources (posters, screening, discussion guides etc)
- Set a date and plan your lessons or workplace learning event.
Get in touch for help: email@example.com
*All films need a licence to be screened publicly.
NSW Communities and Justice Conference Session
FACS (now called NSW COMMUNITIES & JUSTICE) held a conference session using Backtrack Boys at their 2019 Practice Conference with Bernie Shakeshaft and young people from the program. Watch now
Youth Futures Summit 2020
This webinar with Zac and Marcus from BackTrack was part of a week-long virtual Youth Futures Summit held from the 24-28 August 2020, and presented by the National Youth Commission Australia. Watch Webinar
The Reintegration Puzzle
Join Backtrack founder Bernie Shakeshaft, Program mentor Zac and Lana from Down The Track in this informative webinar about creating place based responses to local issues. Watch Webinar
Professional Learning Support
Backtrack Boys is a useful resource for educators and those who work with young people. They can gain insight into how to broaden their practice and learn specific techniques and strategies that can be immediately applied in their work.
The study guide and tools have been written with professional learning in mind. You can order the film for your workplace and download the guide from The Education Shop.GET FILM + GUIDE
Backtrack Boys film can support professional learning for educators through offering:
- Case studies
- Alternative explanations of educational disengagement, antisocial behaviours or juvenile crime
- Tools to view and respond to barriers of engagement through a more holistic lens
- Ways to help young people conceptualise more positive, strengths-based narratives about themselves
- New techniques and strategies to engage and build trust with young people
- A roadmap to inform innovative program/ model design for at-risk young people.
You may be interested in our recorded webinars with Bernie and Zac which give a deeper understanding.
Read these key reviews and articles